- Itchiness: Intense
- Flaking : Very Severe
- Burning skin: Neck, face, ears
- Redness: Neck, face, torso, thighs, arms,
- Soreness : Neck, limbs, torso, face
- Weeping skin : Calf, folds behind knees, inside the ears, jaw line, neck, hands, arms, thighs
- Mood : Awaiting mercy
Been 1 month into the 2nd flare, and alike finding out like how it creeps up on me, the symptoms are also very very very very slowly intensifying. Compared to the 1st, which the edema, flaking, itching, burning shivering came all around the 2nd week, till now, I am still experiencing increasing burning. Flaking came back with a vengeance around 2nd week. Shivering was slowly increasing by the hours and around last week I was shaking for 4 hours, even if I was soaking in a tub of warm water. Now the hives are appearing……. increasing ever so slowly. This is so painfully slow…. torture. How long will this flare last at this rate?!?!?!
This test of patience had me thinking how long I can endure not seeing my son, not having normal diets, sleeping hours, normal movements without pain, etc. I haven’t been updating this blog because of my bleeding fingers. Sure I can use plasters, then there will be new spots that suddenly starts bleeding with the movements and stain my keyboard.
So what keeps me going?
1. That should I not do it now, and delay it further, my parents may not be able to care for me. Then no one can help out.
2. That my son will not remember me not being there during the 1st two years of his life. But he will remember me being always there for him from 3 years old onwards.
3. That I have come this far to more than 25% of the journey! And I will not dare waste it!
4. Understanding that each flare will be less painful than the previous, and each recovery longer than the previous, no matter how unnoticeable.
5. Testimonials from other healed TSW warriors. Just met one in person earlier this week and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO encouraged. It’s really motivating to see the “before and after” in the flesh.
Also added a few more items to my “thankful” list, I hope the right people gets to read them. Hahaha.
SKIN UPDATE : pictures only